The best white cabbage recipes - 3 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: cabbage
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated White cabbage recipes
Curried White Cabbage and Raisin Gratin
By Pauline , blog On nem, on riz
Preheat oven to 350 F Wash and cut the cabbage into four pieces
- 1 white cabbage
- 1 tbsp curry
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 handfuls of raisins
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Olive oil
All About Broccoli
Everything you ever needed to know about broccoli, explained by Gourmandize!
Grandma Katrina's Russian Cabbage Rolls GolubtsyRecipewe ♡
By european cuties kitchen, European Cutie's Kitchen
Here is my grandma Katrina's russian recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls, only I made them healthier!
- 1 big loose head of white cabbage
- 1 lb turkey ground
- 1 + 1 onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup rice pre-boiled in 2 cups of water( I omit this for a low carb option)
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 2 big ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Red pepper (optional)
- Filtered water, about 1 - 1 1/4 cups
- 1 big pot to boil cabbage
- 1 frying pan
- 1 Dutch oven or big shallow pot with lid
- Preparation time: about 2 hours
How to make Japanese-style coleslaw
By Pascale Weeks
Check out how easy it is to make this light, exotic cabbage salad.
Mango Cabbage Salad
By Gitanjali Roche
Inspired by a New Caledonian salad
- -1/2 head of white cabbage
- -1 ripe mango
- -soy sauce
- -olive oil
- -juice of one lime
- -a handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- -2 or 3 spring onions, finely chopped