Delicious Cold Salads to Enjoy During Summer
Are you tired of the same old salad? Are you looking for a little inspirations? We've a few ideas that are sure to make a change from the usual.
© iStock / Getty Images Plus / Ann_Zhuravleva
This version of a seafood salad is super light, but doesn't lose any flavor. The secret ingredient is to use green apples instead of potatoes!
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 4 green apples
- 4 celery sticks
- 1 red onion
- 1 medium cucumber
- 15 baby shrimps
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the apples and cucumber. Cut into cubes and put in a large salad bowl.
- Finely chop the celery and red onion. If you don't want the red onion to be too overpowering, reserve it in a small bowl filled with water.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon. Season with the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Stir in all the salad ingredients and mix so that the dressing is evenly distributed.
- Reserve in the refrigerator for 30 mins. and then serve.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.