How to make Japanese-style coleslaw
If you're in the mood for a light, refreshing appetizer or side dish, try making this easy Japanese cabbage salad.
Coleslaw is usually bogged down with mayonnaise, so this makes a nice alternative and the perfect light accompaniment to prepare for your next barbecue or potluck dinner.
Stick with us, and we'll show you how it's done.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture