Strawberry Mille Feuille
- 1 lbs of strawberries
- 8 oz puff pastry
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Wash and hull the strawberries. Cut them in half. Lay out your puff pastry on a baking sheet. Cut small squares of pastry with a rolling pin. Cover your dough with parchment paper. Put a weight on top to prevent the dough from puffing up too much. Bake for 10-20 minutes at 400 degrees. When you remove from the oven, Let cool slightly.
Assembly: Place a piece of dough, cover with a thin layer of pastry cream, put some strawberries on it with possibly a little more cream and cover with a pastry square. Repeat until you use all the dough.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!