Delicious Homemade Dinky Donuts
The mini sweet goodness!!
These homemade dinky donuts are delicious breakfast desserts. Fill with jelly, cream, or chocolate, and decorate with sprinkles, sugar, flavored frostings, etc.
- •2 cups self-raising flour
- •2 tablespoon melted butter
- •2 eggs
- •1/2 cup sugar
- •1 cup maas
- •1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- •1 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Beat sugar and eggs together
Sift all the dry ingredients together.
Mix wet and dry ingredients together in a mixer.
If dough is too soft add extra flour little at a time until a sticky but manageable dough is formed.
Knead dough into a soft manageable dough.
Heat oil on medium-high
Roll dough on a floured surface, cut with a donut cutter.
Fry until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Roll in cinnamon sugar or vanilla sugar. Or frost with preferred frosting. Decorate with colored vermicelli/ chopped nuts/ coconut or grated chocolate.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1434 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1119 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (928 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (175 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Domplines 4.3/5 (153 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (139 Votes)
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (108 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Named for the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova, this delicate lemon pavlova is simply divine.
- Confectioner's sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites
- Add confectioner's sugar
- Distribute on baking pan and flatten center lightly with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees
- While that's baking, squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and flour then whisk together
- Add butter and whisk again
- Take the merigues out of the oven once they're ready
- Spoon the filling into the center of the meringues
- Grate lemon rind and sprinkle the zest over the top of the pavlovas