- 2 t Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 cup Potatoes (mashed)
- 2 cups Potato Water
- 1 pkg Yeast
- 10 cups Flour
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cream salt, sugar and shortening in large bowl. Add mashed potatoes and potato water. Dissolve yeast in 1 cup lukewarm water and then add to potato mixture. stir together. Add 4 cups sifted flour and beat well. Add 6 more cups of sifted flour (or less depending on how well it works in). Put in refrigerator overnight.
Remove raised dough from refrigerator. Roll the dough out and cut into strips. Form into rolls and place in greased and floured pans Let rise for several hours in warm location. Bake at about 400 degrees until golden brown on top. Spread melted butter on top.
You'll also love
- Caramel Corn with Chocolate Chips 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Dough 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Sheppards Treat 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- spicy kale chips 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Nana's Butter Tarts 3.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Apple Cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Raised donuts 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Spring Rolls 4/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.
Review this recipe