- rice paper wrappers
- cooked shrimp or chicken
- shredded cabbage
- shredded carrots
- bean sprouts
- chopped green onion
- soft rice noodles
- Thai basil
- hoisin sauce
- spiracha chili sauce
- peanut sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Assemble ingredients buffet style.
Soften rice paper wrappers for 30 seconds in warm water and place on spring roll trays
Place ingredients slightly off center towards top and fold in the sides and then roll tight but gently.
Serve with peanut and other sauces.
For peanut sauce heat coconut milk, peanut butter and red curry paste to taste.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!