Mama Jean's Lumpia Shanghai
- Lumpia wrappers
- Ground pork (1 package)
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 2 Celery
- 1 Egg
- Damp towel cloth
- Small bowl of water
- Cooking oil
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grate the carrots, onion, celery and chop the parsley and garlic
Place the ground pork in a large bowl. Place the grated and chopped vegetables. Add egg. Mix the ingredients in the bowl with hands until it is well incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste
Open the wrapper package and place a damp towel cloth on top to prevent the wrappers from drying
Place a teaspoon of the pork mixture in one wrapper and follow the wrapping directions on the back of the package. Dip your finger in a bowl of water to seal the end of each wrapper
Once finished wrapping, heat oil in a medium pot and deep fry the wrappers for about 7 minutes
Place cooked wrappers in a plate covered by a paper towel
Serve and enjoy while it is hot!
You'll also love
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (934 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (370 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (208 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Grammy Morrill's Chex Mix 4.6/5 (57 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 5/5 (20 Votes)
- Ya-Ka-Mein 4.3/5 (72 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.