Chocolate Chip and Nut Cookies
- 1 cup Soft Butter
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 350F.
Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
Dissolve the salt and soda in water and then mix it into the butter. Add flour and mix really well.
Stir in chocolate and nuts. Drop by spoonful onto ungreased sheets 2" apart. Bake 9-12 mins until edges start to turn golden. Cool on pan 5 mins before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!