Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 Tbls. corn starch
- 3 Tbls. flour
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 Tbls. butter
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup lemon juice
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix dry ingredients.
Beat in egg yolks.
Add butter and hot water.
Add lemon juice after the base has thickened.
Pour into baked pie crust and top with stiffened egg whites.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cake Pie 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Box Pie 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Ingrid's Almond Zucchini Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chess Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Lemon cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Pear Cleanser 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe