- 16 lasagna noodles
- 3 pounds ricotta
- 4 eggs
- 3 fresh apples cored, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick oats
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Cook noodles until al dente then rinse under cold water and leave in pot with cold water.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine ricotta, eggs, apples and vanilla. Set aside.
Coat 2 pans (9 inches by 13 inches)
Layer 4 noodles across overlapping slightly.
Spread 1/2 for filling over the noodles. Cover with another layer of noodles and cover those with filling.
Mix 6 tablespoon butter, flour, brown sugar cinnamon, oats and chopped nuts. Mix until forms coarse crumbs.
Spread over apples in each pan evenly. Bake for 45 minutes until top is golden.
Let set 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Can be served with a sauce of 2/3 cup hazelnut cream and 1/3 cup sour cream.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.