Classic Lemon cake
- 4 stick butter
- 4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cup flour
- 8 egg yolks
- juice of 3 lemons plus zest
- 1/4 tsp. cream tartar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Make cake first. Put 3 sticks of butter, 1 cup sugar, 4 eggs and 3 cup flour in a bowl, mix. Put in three pans. Bake at 325 until done. Let cool.
While cakes are cooling make filling. In large pan put 1 stick butter, 1 - 1/2 cup sugar, 8 egg yolks, juice of 3 lemons and zest. cook until it comes to a rolling boil. take off and let cool. When cake and filling are cool, take one cake place on a plate. put filling on top add another cake, more filling and last cake on top.
Now make icing. In a pan put 1 - 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cream tartar, 2 egg whites, water and 1 tsp. vanilla. Cook over a second pan that has a 1/3 cup water in it. Beat with beater till thick.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!