Ingrid's Almond Zucchini Cake
Great for using up zucchini in your garden.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups grated zucchini
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Sift first four ingredients together. Gradually add sugar to the eggs beating well until thick and light. Stir in the oil and almond extract. Blend in the dry ingredients, mixing until smooth. Stir in the zucchini. Pour into a greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 350 F for 45 -60 minutes.
May use loaf pan or muffin tins. Freezes well. Use a cake tester or toothpick, it should come out dry when done.
You'll also love
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.4/5 (198 Votes)
- Chicken Stuffed with Vegetables 3.1/5 (235 Votes)
- Jans Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
If you can get your hands on them, fresh almonds are delicious. That said, they can be quite tricky to peel. In this video we show you how to remove almond skins in just 5 easy steps!