Grandma Marie's Soft Molasses Cookies
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Stir together flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, and allspice. Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg and molasses, mix well. Add dry stuff and drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Ginger Crinkles 4.8/5 (61 Votes)
- Molasses Cookies 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Cookie: Soft Oatmeal Spice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick Oatmeal Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- My Go-To Peanut Butter Cookies... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Brownies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe