I truly believe that the specific brand ingredients that I list in the recipe make a big difference in how the cookies turn out. I usually double the recipe even if I don't plan to bake that many cookies because the dough freezes very well.
- 3/4 c. butter
- melted (not margarine)
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. Brer Rabbit Molasses
- 2 c. flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. ground cinnamon (REAL cinnamon. I buy mine from King Arthur flour)
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1 t. Soft diced ginger (King Arthur brand)
- Demarara sugar or coarse sugar for rolling before baking
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine butter, brown sugar and egg until smooth. Stir in molasses.
In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
Slowly add dry mixture into molasses mixture. When combined, add soft, diced ginger and mix completely. Cover and refrigerate dough for several hours until cold.
Using cookie scoop, scoop dough and then roll in demarara sugar before placing on baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on cookie scoop size. Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.
Cool completely before packaging.
JP asked that I put a note saying that he prefers when I cook the cookies on 350 degrees. This makes a much "raw-er" inside. (I did this by accident, setting the oven too low).
You'll also love
- Cold Stone Creamery Cake Batter... 3.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Easy Sweet Rice 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Awesome Spiderman Cake 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Pound Cake with Vanilla 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Cookie Fruit Pizza 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Cookies 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Grandma's Oatmeal Drop Cookies 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Shoe Fly Pie 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.