Banana and Caramel Cake
By Le Bot Sophie
- 7 tbsp soft salted butter
- 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar (or alternatively, brown sugar)
- 2 bags (4 tsp) vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large mashed bananas
- generous 3/4 cup of unsweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 carambars (or any chewy caramel candy)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350 ° F
In a bowl, combine sugars and butter until creamy. Add eggs one by one and mix again.
Add mashed bananas and condensed milk and mix. Add the flour, baking powder and finally, caramels cut into small pieces. Mix.
Pour into greased cake pan and bake for forty minutes. If the cake is browning too quickly, lower the oven temperature.
- A knife inserted in the center and comes out clean will indicate doneness.
You'll also love
- Pink Coconut Ladoo 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Spiced Orange Flan with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Easy Sweet Rice 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Rice Krispie Treats 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Dirt cake 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Pie Tarts 3.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Banana and Chocolate Crumble 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Bars 3/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!