Grandpa's Blue Ribbon Banana Bread
This banana bread is the best I have ever tried! Okay so Grandpa never actually won a blue ribbon for it but if he had entered a contest I bet that he would have! This is easy to make, tastes so good and is a great way to use up those over-ripened bananas!
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter (or margarine)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3-4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees
Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased bread pan (recipe makes one loaf)
Bake for about an hour until bread has pulled in from the sides of the pans or a tooth pick comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 20 minutes before enjoying.
You can also put your overly ripened bananas into the freezer until you are ready to make your banana bread and just though them before making the recipe. This recipe is so easy though that you might be better off just making it as you have the bananas.
You'll also love
- Rice Pudding 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Dirt cake 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Pie Tarts 3.4/5 (32 Votes)
- bisquit and gravy 3.8/5 (34 Votes)
- Crêpes 3.9/5 (33 Votes)
- White Cake with Brown Sugar Sauce 3.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.1/5 (275 Votes)
- Banana and Chocolate Crumble 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Wondering why we've made a video how to peel a banana? Thinking you already know how it's done? Are you sure? What if we told you you've been peeling bananas the Wrong Way?! Watch the video to find out how you'll be peeling banana's from now on!