White Cake with Brown Sugar Sauce
- 2 c flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c milk
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 c milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Budget Friendly
Combine first 3 ingridents in a bowl.
In another bowl, combine the next 3 ingredients, and cream together and then add to bowl #1.
Stir in the vanilla and milk.
Bake at 350 F for 50-60 minutes.
Before serving the cake, assemble all sauce ingridients in a small sauce pan and let it boil for 3-4 minutes then pour over individual cake servings.
You'll also love
- Bible Studies Triple Treat Brownie... 3.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Marshmallow Delight 3.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Tomato Cream Sauce 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Rice Krispie Treats 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheese Sauce (using dry milk) 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin... 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Black forest microwave cake 3.1/5 (63 Votes)
- Chicken On A Bun 3.1/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!