Grammy's Ruby Cake
This recipe came from one of Graw S.'s friend named "Ruby".
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- light cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Break 1 egg in 1 cup measuring cup and fill to the 1 cup level with light cream.
Beat ingredients together and pour in a greased and floured 8 inch cake pan.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
This cake is also good warmed with butter for breakfast.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!