Our easy cake recipes - 7 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Easy cake recipes
Gramma's Chocolate Cake
By Carolyn Haslam-ODea
This is a fail proof recipe for delicious dark chocolate cake
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hot water (boiling)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sour milk ( add a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to milk)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Box Mixes You Need To Stop Buying and Make Yourself
Store-bought mixes may be tempting, but they cost you in money and taste...and they're not always much easier! Here are a few you really should be making from scratch.
Apple Mellow Cake
By Maggie Sian
Moist yellow apple cake with a marshmellow crisp topping
- 1 box of yellow cake mix -dry
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 21 oz can of apple pie filling
Put Your WAFFLE Machine to Use With THIS Trendy Dessert
This is one FOOD FAD that you WON'T be able to resist.
Fast and Easy Snacking Cake
In large bowl, combine eggs, oil and granulated and brown sugars; with electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy...
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup each granulated sugar and packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas (about 3)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each baking soda and salt
Grammy's Ruby Cake
This recipe came from one of Graw S
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- light cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Kitchen HACK: Get Egg Shell out of the Bowl EASILY With This Clever Trick
There's nothing more frustrating than cracking that last egg and dropping a shard of the shell into your perfect batter... But this trick makes fishing it out EASY!
mix cake with pop, stir well
- 1 package yellow or white cake mix dry
- 12 oz can of Sprite of Mt Dew
- cool whip
- jam any flavor
An easy to make dessert, with several different ways to bake by using different fruit pie fillings and nuts
- -Pie filling -Yellow Cake mix -1 stick of butter -Walnuts or Pecans
Beat eggs with sugar in a very lush mass soda and gradually add the flour
- -4 Small eggs
- sugar, 130 gr
- flour, 200 gr
- Soda (redeemed) 1/3 tsp
- cocoa 1 tsp no slides
- -any berries to taste a handful of
- -cream 150g
- -sugar 2-3 tbsp.