An easy to make dessert, with several different ways to bake by using different fruit pie fillings and nuts
- -Pie filling -Yellow Cake mix -1 stick of butter -Walnuts or Pecans
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Dump pie filling into 9x13 pan
Add Yellow cake mix (NO pudding)
Add 1 stick of butter cut up and placed evenly on top of dry cake mix
Cover with either walnuts or pecans; DO NOT MIX
Bake in oven at 425 for 30-35 minutes or until brown on top
You'll also love
- Gramma's Chocolate Cake 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Spheres 2.4/5 (130 Votes)
- Diane's Pear Apple Napoleon 2.7/5 (13 Votes)
- lemon blueberry muffins 2.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Negatives 2.7/5 (26 Votes)
- M & M- love of the life chocolate... 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Mom's favorite cake! 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!