Diane's Pear Apple Napoleon
- 4 cups peeled and diced pears
- 4 cups golden delicious apples diced
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoonful cinnamon
- 5 sheets phyllo dough
- 3 to 4 teaspoonsful vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 21 tablespoon unflavored bread crumbs
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Combine pears, apples and 1/2 cup sugar in sauce pan. Cover and cook while stirring over medium heat for 30 minutes.
Uncover and cook for 20 minutes more. Cool.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat cookie sheet with vegetable spray.
Combine bread crumbs, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar in bowl.
Arrange 1 phyllo sheet on cookie sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon crumb mixture.
Stack remaining layers of phyllo, alternating with the oil and crumb mixture.
Drizzle honey on top and cut phyllo crosswise into 3 rectangles.
Slice each rectangle into 8 pieces and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Place pear-apple mixture on top layer and serve with strawberry sauce. (See tips for sauce)
Strawberry Sauce: 1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed. Add 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice. Put into blender and make sauce.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.