Oatmeal Cookies with Walnut and Applesauce
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (I didn't have any so I poached a whole apple and mashed it)
- 4 tbsp. Splenda (I used Nature Sweet)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 scoops unflavored protein powder
- 1-2 oz. raisins (I used a 1.25 size snack box)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup almond flour (you could use whole wheat
- but this is higher protein)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Okay, there it is. If the batter seems to dry, you can add a little more applesauce or 1/4 cup of lowfat milk. Once I had to add milk, the other two times, it was fine....Enjoy
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.