By Anne-Marie McElreavy
- 1 salmon filet or two depending on appetite
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon of pesto (parsley, garlic, olive oil, lime or lemon juice, salt, pepper)
- 1 cup coconut milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 of a green pepper
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 sheets phyllo
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Oil a baking dish. Preheat oven to 350F (or 180 ° C or gas mark 6). Place three sheets of phyllo dough on a damp cloth. Place a piece of salmon. Brush with pesto mixture. Stack a slice of onion or green pepper cut into strips
Add a few sliced mushrooms. Carefully stack bean sprouts.
For big appetites Stack another square of salmon and brush again to blend pesto go to the next step.
Close the phyllo sealing the sides. Brush with extra virgin olive oil.
Bake at 350F for 35 minutes. Do not put your finger in the bottom of the dish to taste after cooking ... ouch!
In a saucepan add the remaining mushrooms in a tablespoon of oil olive and butter (to taste) Add the cornstarch and coconut milk and pour over the mushrooms. Salt-pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Vegetable Pie 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Sole Medallion with foie gras 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Onion tart 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Risotto with mushrooms 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Filo Wrapped Bananas with... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Pepper Chicken Masala 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Chinese Glazed Salmon with Peas... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Tomatoes stuffed with grilled... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!