Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
- 1 pkg butter cream cake mix
- Custard filling:
- 1 3oz box of french vanilla instant pudding
- 1 C Half and Half
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C light corn syrup
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 60mins
Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Bake in cupcake tins. While cake is baking, prepare the Custard filling as follows:
Mix together pudding mix and the half and half. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whip the cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the pudding mixture until fully incorporated and smooth. Fill a pastry bag and use a standard star tip for filling the cupcakes.
When cupcakes have cooled completey, insert the tip of the pastry bag inside the center of the cupcake and slowly fill with custard, being careful not to overfill. It will hold more than you think, though.
In a saucepan, prepare the Ganache by combining the 1 C heavy whipping cream and the corn syrup and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and add the chocolate, cover and let sit for about 8 minutes. Stir until smooth and add vanilla at this time. Once all blended and smooth let the ganache cool till tepid.
Take each filled cupcake and dip the tops in the Ganache mixture. Place on a plate and refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
These are time consuming, but oh, so worth it!!
You'll also love
- Banana Cream Pie 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Chocolate Cream Pie 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Ganache Brownies 3.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Boston Cream Pie 2.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Pie 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Turning store cookies into home... 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Italian Meat Pie (makes 2 pies) 2.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ M&M Mufffins 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!