Delicious Chocolate Pie
Aunt M.V.'s Chocolate Cream Pie recipe.
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Self-Rising Flour or Cornstarch
- 2 tb Cocoa
- 3 Cups Milk of Carnation
- 6 eggs
- 2 tb butter
- 2 pie shells
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Use whites of egg for meruinge. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, cornstarch thoroughly, add cream slowly. Mix well. Mix in one egg yolk at a time. Cook over double broiler until thickened stiring constatly. Add butter and vanilla. Pour in prebaked pie shells.
For the meruinge, beat egg whites until shiny and thick; add sugar to taste
You'll also love
- Banana Cream Pie 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Chocolate Cream Pie 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Black Forest Roulade 3.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Maw Maw's chocolate cream pie 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Mom's favorite cake! 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Bread 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Rocky Road Mint Fudge 2.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Spinach Quiche 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!