Maw Maw's chocolate cream pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 eggs--separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sweet milk
- 1 Tablespoon margarine
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
sift sugar, flour, and cocoa together. Add enough milk to stir. Add beaten egg yolks and beat well.
Add remaining milk and cook on medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and add margarine and vanilla. Stir until mixed well. Pour into baked crust.
To make meringue: Beat egg whites with 3 tablespoons of sugar until dry. Cover pie with meringue, brown in oven at 300 degrees.
You'll also love
- Konafa 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Strawberry Rhubarb Soup 2.8/5 (25 Votes)
- No Fail Pecan Pie 3/5 (9 Votes)
- Mim's Sweet Potato Pie 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Almond cookies 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Bars 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Paneer Tukra in Cream 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!