An extravagant dessert of a fudgy brownie layered with peppermint frosting and a rich chocolate glaze. You'll want to include this in a holiday dessert tray or package for a cookie exchange or gift basket.
- 1 package (family-size) fudge brownie mix
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Crushed peppermint candies , (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Spread in greased foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Meanwhile, beat confectioners’ sugar, 7 tablespoons of the butter, melted, cream and peppermint extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Microwave chocolate and remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in large microwave bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over top of chilled brownie. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if desired. Cut into bars.
You'll also love
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3.1/5 (241 Votes)
- Chocolate- and Peppermint-Coated... 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Bread Pudding 2.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Hazelnut Cake 2.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Carrot Brownie 2.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Christmas Cherry Cookies 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Breakfast Bake 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.