Recipes with chocolate and peppermint - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé for you and two friends!
- 3 mugs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 eggs
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set your stove on a low heat setting.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well over low heat.
- Once the mixture thickens to a doughy texture, remove from the heat.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir thoroughly.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Using a cube of butter in your fingers, line the mugs with a coat of butter, then top with a coat of brown sugar. Tilt and shake the mug until the sugar sticks to the butter in a consistent layer all over the inside of the cup.
- Pour the batter equally into each of the 3 cups.
- Put the cups on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Chocolate and peppermint recipes
Triple Peppermint Bars
These bars were a staple at my work for Christmas 2013
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 8 ounces chocolate (dark
- semisweet or milk)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
Chocolate- and Peppermint-Coated Pretzels
Combine first 4 ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker
- 1 (16-ounce) package pretzel nuggets
- 2 (16-ounce) packages chocolate-flavored bark
- candy coating
- coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (4-ounce) square semisweet baking chocolate
- broken into pieces
- 1 (16-ounce) package hard peppermint candies
- finely crushed and divided (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
An extravagant dessert of a fudgy brownie layered with peppermint frosting and a rich chocolate glaze
- 1 package (family-size) fudge brownie mix
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- coarsely chopped
- Crushed peppermint candies