Mom's "Leftover" Cake
- 1 Duncan hines golden butter cake
- 2 cans peaches drained. save juice
- 1 can pineapple crushed drained. save juice
- 1 jar maraschino cherries drained. save juice
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- handful of coconut
- 1 stick butter
- 3 eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
When making the cake instead of using 3/4 cups water use 3/4 cup of the saved juice. 1 stick butter, 3 eggs, cake mix.
Put in bundt pan. Bake at 350 till done.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!