- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of shortening
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 pkg of yeast or 1 tablespoon of yeast
- 3 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
pour boiling water over shortening,sugar and salt
mix yeast with 1/2 cup of lukewarm water and 1 teaspoon of sugar and let stand for 10 minutes
add yeast mixture to first mixture than add flour and beaten egg
knead well and let rise for 15 minutes
shape into rolls and let rise again and than bake for 15 minutes in 325 degree oven
You'll also love
- Root Beer Meat Lumps 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Taro root Fry 3.2/5 (212 Votes)
- Carrots Peabody 3.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Bread Pudding 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin... 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Blueberry Oat Muffins 3.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken On A Bun 3.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Copycat King’s Hawaiian Rolls 3.1/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.