Christmas cake Gramma Brett
- 1 lb. sultana raisins
- ½ lb. Red and green glazed cherries
- 2/3 cup mixed fruit
- 1 15oz tin crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine raisins, cherries, mixed fruit and crushed pineapple, let stand overnight, in morning sprinkle with ½ cup flour. Cream butter add sugar gradually; add eggs beat thoroughly after each sift 2 ¼ cups flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture mix well, add fruit mix well. Grease cake pan put double thickness wax paper. Bake at 300 for 2 ½ hours. Cool in pan for 2 days before removing. In loaf pan 1 ½ hours 2 pans.
You'll also love
- Grandpa's Blue Ribbon Banana Bread 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Rice Pudding 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Dirt cake 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Pie Tarts 3.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Swedish Sugar Cookies 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Maxx O' Pumpkin 3.6/5 (233 Votes)
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3/5 (249 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!