Swedish Sugar Cookies
A light, delicately crisp cookie good for holidays or just because.
- 1/2 C soft butter
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 C sifted flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- **COLORED SUGARS TO ROLL DOUGH IN
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In large bowl mix butter, sugars, oil, egg & vanilla. In separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder & cream of tartar. Gradually stir into butter mixture. Chill overnight. Preheat ovem to 350*. Roll dough into small balls about 3/4". Roll balls in colored sugar & place on parchment or silicone lined baking sheets about 2" apart. Flatten balls with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 7-9 minutes till edges are golden. Remove from pan to racks to cool completely.
These are too delicate to ship well.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (235 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (90 Votes)
- Grammy Morrill's Chex Mix 4.6/5 (61 Votes)
- White Chocolate Berry Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Turkey Jerky 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.