Nice loaf cake instead of Xmas cake.
- 3 cups cooked shredded carrots
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup (1/4ed) Maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup grated Orange rind ( 1 medium )
- 1/2 cup grated Lemon rind ( 1 large )
- 1 1/2 cups Oil ( vegetable,canala,olive,your preference
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 1mins
Cooking time 1mins
Scrub carrots well and cut in half.Cook in covered saucepan in unsalted water for 6 minutes.
Drain and cool,grate or shred and measure 3 cups.
Into beater bowl measure the sugar, oil and eggs.Dissolve soda in warm water and add: salt,
vanilla,flour,and beat all for 2 minutes.
Add raisins,walnuts,cherries,orange rinds,lemon rinds and carrots to mixture.
Line loaf pans with wax paper.fill pans approx. 2/3 full.Use 6 small disposable loaf pans
Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
You may use larger loaf pans and use 3,or 6 small foil pans.
You'll also love
- Marshmallow Fondant 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Leah's Tiramisu 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Carmelized Carrots 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cup Cakes 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Coconut Filled Chocolate Cake... 3.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Special Lemon Meraigne Pie 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Buttermilk Cookies 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Fried carrot tops with chickpea... 4/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.