Ginger Crinkles. Discover our recipe.
- 2/3 cup of shortening
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 cups of sifted flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ginger
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Mix sugar and shortening well.
Add egg and beat.
Stir in molasses.
Sift dry ingredients and add.
Roll into balls.
Roll in sugar and place on ungreased baking sheet 3" apart.
Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies crinkle.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Bread 4.7/5 (72 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.7/5 (93 Votes)
- Apple Hash 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Mini Sweet Potato Custard Pies 4.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Chewy Gingerbread Cookies 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Rosemary Honey Sweet Potato Goodies 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Feel-Better Chicken Noodle Soup 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Ginger Snaps 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.