Feel-Better Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 1/2 c chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1-inch cube fresh ginger
- finely chopped
- 2 oz vermicelli
- broken into small pieces
- salt & pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Put stock into pan with carrot, onion, garlic, bay leaf, cloves, and ginger. Bring to a boil, cover the pan and simmer for 30m.
Strain the stock and discard the veggies & spices. Return the liquid to the pan and add vermicelli. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10m. Serve in bowls, decorated with croutons.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.