My Go-To Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening or butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Cream peanut butter, sugars and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Blend well. Stir in flour and soda. Shape in small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press with fork. Bake at 375 for 10 to 12 minutes.
You'll also love
- Classic Creamy Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Royal Icing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Brownies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma's Banana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Perfect French Toast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Oatmeal & Raisin Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate No-Bake Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!