Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 T vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 T instant coffee grounds
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 T flax seeds
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
cream together margarine, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each. stir in vanilla. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and coffee ground into butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and flax seed. Bake at 350F 10-15 minutes. cool on pans for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!