Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies
Big chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- Add coconut, cherries, walnuts, raisins (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 13mins
Cost Average budget
Mix first 5 ingredients together. In a large bowl beat brown sugar, butter, vanilla at medium speed until fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time. Add flour mixture in 3 additions, slowly on low speed until combined. Stir in chocolate chips, walnuts and any other dry fruit you like.
Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent cookies from burning. Using a 1/4 cup cookie scoop, place dough 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten each cookie. Bake at 325 F until just turning brown. They are better if they are under cooked.
Dough can be frozen.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!