Grandma's Banana Bread
- 3-4 ripe bananas smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
preheat oven to 350F. with a wooden spoon mix butter into the bananas. stir in the egg, sugar and vanilla. stir in the baking soda and salt. mix in the flour until fully incorporated but not over mixing. pour into a prepared 4x8 loaf pan. bake for 1 hour .Cool in pan on a wire rack.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!