Banana Nut Bread
This is a moist rich tasting banana bread. It is also good with an addition of chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream(1 cup)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Beat eggs, add butter and sugar. Beat bananas in a separate bowl, add bananas and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture. Blend in sour scream, stir in oats and nuts.
Bake in a greased and floured loaf pan for 60 minutes at 350 F. Use a cake tester to make sure it is done.
This sometimes needs more time to bake so check that is is done. You can insert a knife if you don't have a cake tester. It should come out dry.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!