Chocolate Sheet Cake
Bake sale favorite.
- 2 cups SUGAR
- 2 cups FLOUR
- 2 sticks OLEO
- 1/2 cup OIL
- 1 cup WATER
- 8 Tbsp. COCOA
- 2 tsp.VANILLA
- 1 tsp BAKING SODA
- 1/2 cup BUTTERMILK
- 2 EGGS
- 4-6 Tbsp. MILK
- 1 box POWERED SUGAR
- chopped PECANS if desired.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Mix 2 cups sugar and 2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Melt Oleo,oil and water in saucepan. Mix in 4 Tbsp. cocoa and 1 tsp vanilla. Bring to a boil and mix with dry ingredients.
Mix 1 tsp. soda into 1/2 cup buttermilk.
Pour this into the rest of the mixture with 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla.
Mix well and pour into a greased 9X13 pan.
Bake for about 40 minutes.
Melt 1 stick olel in saucepan. Add 4Tbsp. cocoa, 5-6 Tbsp milk,1 tsp. vanilla and bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and add 1 box of powered sugar,add pecans if desired.
Spread on cooled cake.
This icing works great on any cake.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!