Coconut Carrot Cake
Heavenly....I get lots of requests for this recipe.
I frost with my coconut cream cheese frosting recipe...sure to be a hit.
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup of oil
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 9 ounces of crushed pineapple undrained
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/3 cups of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts optional
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour a 9x13 cake pan or a bundt pan/
Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl
Combine next 3 ingredients in another large bowl
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixing thoroughly.
Mix in carrots, cocount, pineapple and walnuts (if desired)
Pour into a prepared pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center come out clean.
Frost cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!