Coconut Carrot Cake
Heavenly....I get lots of requests for this recipe.
I frost with my coconut cream cheese frosting recipe...sure to be a hit.
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup of oil
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 9 ounces of crushed pineapple undrained
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/3 cups of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts optional
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour a 9x13 cake pan or a bundt pan/
Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl
Combine next 3 ingredients in another large bowl
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixing thoroughly.
Mix in carrots, cocount, pineapple and walnuts (if desired)
Pour into a prepared pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center come out clean.
Frost cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting.
You'll also love
- Buttercream Carrot Cake Icing 4.2/5 (85 Votes)
- Moist Carrot Cake 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Carmen's Sweet Potato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Citrus Carrots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ingrid's Almond Zucchini Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Pound Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!