This recipe was given to me by a friend who got it from her grandmother.
- 3 EGGS
- 1 3/4 cups SUGAR or 1 cup MOLASSES
- 1/2 cup HONEY
- 3/4 cup COOKING OIL
- 2 cups GRATED ZUCCHINI
- 3 cups FLOUR
- 1 tsp. BAKING SODA
- 3 tsp. CINNAMON
- 1 cup chopped WALNUTS to your taste
- 1 tsp. VANILLA
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350*
Beat egg, add sugar and oil. Blend well,add vanilla and zucchini.
Mix the next 5 ingredients and add to the egg and zucchini mixture. Mix well and then add nuts.
Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
Bake at 350* about 1 hour (until tester comes out clean)
Makes 2 loaves.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (141 Votes)
- Jans Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Coconut Carrot Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carmen's Sweet Potato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Monkey Banana Nut Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gorilla Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ingrid's Almond Zucchini Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!