Banana Nut Bread
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bananas
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup nuts (pecans
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Add the lemon juice to the mashed bananas to keep them from turning black.
Mix dry ingredients.
Cream shortening and sugar, then beat in the eggs, followed by the mashed bananas.
Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Pour into greased and floured loaf pan
Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour
Test for done-ness with a long toothpick or skewer.
You'll also love
- Easy Peasy Banana Bread 4/5 (87 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Jans Banana Nut Bread 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Banana nut bread 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Traditional Peanut Butter Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Nectar Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- double decker toast & bread PB & J 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We've got the perfect party snack for your next hosting gig: sweet pineapple, clementine and banana skewers dipped in dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts! So delicious with easy presentation, these won't last long.