Apricot Nectar Cake
- 1 package yellow cake mix (in a bag
- not a box)
- 1 package lemon jello (small box)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Apricot Nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix cake mix and jello (dry).
Add oil, apricot nectar, vanilla and lemon extracts.
Mix all together with electric mixer.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after adding each egg.
Pour into greased tube pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes. (Preheat over to 325 degrees, then turn up to 350 degrees when you put the cake in the oven.)
While the cake is cooling, but still warm, combine the lemon juice and sugar.
Pour glaze over warm cake and let stand overnight.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!