Great for Christmas time.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 yellow cake mix with pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 c. rum
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 325 F. Sprinkle pecans on the bottom of a tube pan. Mix all the cake ingredients together. Bake 1 hour.
Melt butter in a pan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes stirring constantly. Remove and add rum.
Invert the cake when it is cool and prick the top and sides with a toothpick. Drizzle glaze over the top and sides slowly until absorbed. Garnish with pecans and cherries.
Use a large plate so that it can catch the glaze that runs over.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!