- 1 package of yellow cake mix (butter yellow is best)
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of rum
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease bundt pan.
Combine walnuts and brown sugar and place in a circle in the bottom of the pan.
Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, oil, eggs, 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of rum for about 3 minutes. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees
Boil sugar, butter, and 1/4 cup of water for 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of rum and boil 1 minute more.
Cool cake in pan for about 20 minutes. Prick entire bottom of cake with a toothpick and brush about 2/3 of the sauce over it using a basting brush. Invert cake on to plate. Prick top and sides and brush remaining sauce all over (including the inside of the center hole).
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.2/5 (409 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sex In A Pan 3.9/5 (126 Votes)
- Roach Warrior Cake Balls 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Walnut Crescent Cookies 3.7/5 (100 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Tarts 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!