Classic Shortbread Cookies
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4 cups flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Knead butter, icing sugar and flour together until smooth.
Roll into a log shape and refrigerate overnight.
Cut into 1/4 inch slices. Pierce with a fork and place on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 until almost slightly brown.
You'll also love
- Rum Cake 3/5 (269 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3/5 (223 Votes)
- Parm-a-Meatloaf 3.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Mom Otteson's Oreos 3.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Grandma's Peach-Glazed Ham 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Harissah - Middle Eastern Coconut... 3.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Oats or Peanut Butter Cookies 3.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Nana's Shortbread 3/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe