Triple Chocolate Glazed Brownies
When a long stressful day just won’t stop, there is only one thing to do. Bake Brownies! And top them with extra chocolate! AND SPRINKLES! At least, that is what I do.
- for brownies:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- for chocolate glaze:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease your individual square pan. Set aside.
In a medium sized pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Whisk in dark chocolate and continue stirring until melted. Whisk in sugar, cocoa powder and water, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
Add egg, additional egg yolk and vanilla extract - whisking like a mad woman so you don't wind up with scrambled brownies. Then stir in flour and salt, until just combined.
Fill each square with about 1/4 cup brownie batter, leaving a little room for rising. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let brownies cool for 10 minutes in pan, turn out onto wire rack and let cool completely.
Brownies are best the next day, so store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
for chocolate glaze:
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add milk, corn syrup and chopped chocolate, stirring slowly to allow chocolate to melt completely. Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar.
Immediately spread the chocolate glaze on the top of each brownie and top with sprinkles or chopped up candies. Let frosting set for 10 minutes and serve!
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn The Best Ever Country-Style Apple... 4.3/5 (177 Votes)
- Watermelon Biscotti 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4/5 (487 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Magic Sticks 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Nana's Brownie Cupcakes 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Shortcake strawberry goo 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Ham Glaze 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!